Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to the Beginning...

Last weekend, my TNT Green Team met at Movin' Shoes in La Mesa. This is always one of my favorite training runs, because it includes Lake Murray, the place where I "learned" how to run.  Back then, I could only run about 2 miles around the lake, then I would stop and walk back. A friend of mine kept pushing me to go farther, until one day I was able to do the 6 miles out and back along the lake. The rest is history, as I train now for my 14th marathon.

Anyway, This wasn't everyone's favorite run on Saturday. The 17-mile course was 2 loops down Lake Murray Boulevard, along Lake Murray, then out around the very hilly streets of San Carlos, and to make it interesting, temperatures were in the mid-80's with lots of sun. Despite that, the entire team pushed through it, and will be that much more ready for the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon (or Anchorage) in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment