Monday, February 21, 2011

Week #4 - Never Give Up Hope!

Yesterday, I headed to the team's Saturday run at Spanish Landing expecting to face strong winds and heavy rain. We had a similar run this time last year, where we had rain blowing at us sideways.  I was glad to see that most of our team showed up, and even better that the "storm" turned out to be a few drops here and there. By the time I had reached 10 miles, the sky had cleared (I stopped near the end of the run to take this picture). The sky looked a lot different than when I first arrived at 6:30am.



Before our run, We had Dr. Chad Wells there to talk about injury prevention. I didn't have a lot of faith in chiropractors until I went to Dr. Chad to help straighten out a couple of running injuries. He has worked on more local runners than anyone else.You can find our more about him at The League Chiropractic website.

We also had a chance to hear from our honored teammate, Caleb, who has been battling Leukemia on and off for over 10 years. One of those times, the doctor had sent him home, telling him there was nothing else they could do for him. Caleb's message is to "NEVER GIVE UP HOPE". Now, Caleb and his family have joined Team in Training. He is a constant reminder and inspiration for us as we train for our long runs. You can read more about him HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment