Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wednesday Night Happy Hour

Besides our long Saturday runs with Team in Training, there's always one weekday run I can count  on...Wednesdays @ 6pm in Balboa Park.

We meet in front of the Kate Session Statue, near 6th & Laurel. On any given Wednesday (rain or shine) you will always see a group of people waiting there to run (or walk).

Last night was a great turnout - 37 people show up, which meant that everyone had somebody to run with that was their speed.

I had an interesting moment just before the run started. A lady who I thought was there for our run, came up to me and I greeted her as if she were part of our group. She asked me what the name of our running group was. When I told her "Team in Training" - she had never heard of us.  I went on to explain that we raise money to fight leukemia and lymphoma. It turns out that she works in a lab that does leukemia research. We can't assume that everyone know what were about. She wanted to know more, so I gave her our website address. Hopefully, she'll get more involved, and who knows - maybe she'll be running with us next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment