Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Alaska Bound & Looking Back Over the Last Couple Week...

A couple days away from flying to Anchorage with a dozen or so teammates from Team in Training. Then, this Saturday I run my 14th marathon on my 50th birthday!  8 or 9 miles of the run will be along rocky trails. Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of some wildlife. I may even slow down long enough to take some pictures. I hear there are bald eagles, moose, and a few years ago there was a "bear scare" (a bear was spotted sitting up in a tree) - one of the many race spectators!    

Looking back to the previous weekend, I got to hang out with all my teammates, who I spent the last 5 month with, most of whom were training this season for the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon/Half-Marathon. Pictured below is my coach, Ronnie, decked out as a cross between Rick James and Stevie Wonder, at the Inspiration Pasta Dinner. My training schedule for Alaska called for me to run 12 miles that weekend, so I signed up and ran the Rock & Roll Half Marathon (13.1 miles).








No comments:

Post a Comment