Monday, May 30, 2011

Getting ready for Alaska...

Saturday was our longest training run for the Anchorage Marathon. We ran 20 miles, a mix of streets and rocky trails. Our Team in Training coach, Bill, set up this run to simulate the conditions of the Alaska Marathon. I have to say that it was a fun 20 miles. This was the 2nd 20-miler that I had done in the past 2 weeks. I went ahead and ran the 20-mile training run with my team that's doing the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon next weekend. In fact I signed up for the half-marathon as sort of a warmup run for Alaska. Plus it gives me a chance to run with the rest of my team that I have spent the last 5 months with. I plan on running the 13.1 miles next Sunday, then backtracking to run in some of my teammates who are experiencing their very first endurance run. I still remember my first time, and the feeling of crossing the finish line, but I also remember the coaches and captains who ran alongside me during the big run. This year was my first time as a Team In Training Captain, and I'll always remember the great times I had this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment