Monday, March 7, 2011

Alaska Baby!

I continue to train for my next marathon through Team in Training, which is part of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'm doing this to make a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients and their families.

This year is a little different - I TURN 50! --and you can help me celebrate my birthday and help others at the same time. I'm training for the Anchorage Marathon on June 18th, which happens to fall exactly on my 50th birthday!

I'm thinking that instead of having a big birthday party, where everyone reminds me of how OLD I am, showering me with gifts of Ex-Lax and Depends, I can be running 26.2 miles through the Alaskan wilderness!

I CAN ONLY DO IT WITH YOUR HELP. Your generous donations can help me celebrate my 50th in a big way. Please consider a donation to this very worthwhile cause. Cancer affects everyone. You are not giving the money to me - you're giving a gift to people who are fighting for their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment